After your app goes live, you can use several methods to promote it to the Shoplazza community.
Using the Shoplazza Community forums
You can promote yourself and your apps by creating value for merchants and other partners in the Shoplazza Community forums. Being an active member in the forums and helping merchants solve issues will build trust with other members of the Shoplazza community. You can also suggest your app to merchants if you think it will help solve their issues. Participating in the forums can also give you ideas for improving your app, or building new apps.
Improving your app listing
A successful app listing will meet the needs of both of its two main audiences: Shoplazza merchants and the Shoplazza App Store search engine. Merchants read your app listing to understand the value of your app before they decide to install it on their store. The Shoplazza App Store search engine parses the information in your app listing to determine when to show your app to merchants.
To learn about what kind of information you should include in your app listing, refer to app requirements. This guide explains how to prepare each section of your app listing so that it appeals to Shoplazza merchants.
To improve your app listing for the Shoplazza App Store search engine, you can try the following:
- Fill out as many of the fields in your app listing form as you can, including optional fields.
- Proofread your app listing to make sure that it doesn't have any grammatical errors or spelling mistakes.
- Create a short list of keywords and key phrases to focus on in your app listing. The Google Ads Keyword Planner is free to use and can help you generate ideas and suggestions. When you add keywords and key phrases to your app listing, they should flow logically with the rest of the content.
- Make sure that you don't overuse the keywords and key phrases that you choose, since this can decrease your app's discoverability in the Shoplazza App Store.
- Avoid using symbols in your keywords. For example, use "tshirt" instead of "t-shirt".
- Use multiple common spellings and terms to increase your search index coverage. For example, you should optimize for both "popup" and "pop up".
- Study on-page SEO to understand the basics of how search engines work, and learn how to apply them to improving your app's SEO on the Shoplazza App Store.
After you make changes to your listing, you can measure their impact by tracking how many merchants install your app after reading the revised listing on the Shoplazza App Store.
Using merchant feedback
You can add positive feedback from merchants to your marketing material to help promote your app. You can collect feedback from reviews on the Shoplazza App Store, or by talking to merchants directly.
Getting positive reviews in the Shoplazza App Store can increase your app’s SEO and encourage new merchants to try your app. For more information about reviews, see our guide on managing app reviews.
If merchants enjoy using your app, then they will be more likely to recommend your app to other merchants. You can follow our app requirements to improve your app and provide good service to merchants using your app.